Melrose Triangle Building / Melrose Market Seattle, WA
The Melrose Triangle Building, home of the Melrose Market, is an adaptive reuse of two existing masonry/timber structures into a new combined retail and restaurant space. Located in the Capital Hill neighborhood of Seattle, and originally constructed in 1919 and 1926, the buildings were being used for automotive repair. This project was a collaborative effort of the project team, which included the developer, architect, structural engineer and contractor.
The team was actively involved with the project from the start, performing the initial due diligence studies for the buyers and continuing through design and construction of the redevelopment of the facility into a public market and restaurant/retail space.
The project has been well received by the local community, becoming a centerpiece of the neighborhood redevelopment, and has been studied by numerous developers around the country as an example of successful adaptive redevelopment of a URM structure.